Friday, July 13, 2007

A PATHETIC

some say im laid back and easy going. they say i roll with the punches (occasionally i punch back) and i dont let stuff bother me. eh, i say im just apathetic.

honestly, there are few things that really irritate me enough to get an immediate reaction. most of the time when some one does something to really piss me off i get so frustrated that i have a hard time formulating my rage into a coherent sentence. the result is that i appear to either not care or not have a spine. but in reality i just need some time to process the situation a little bit and cool down before i lay into them.

"does that mean you are a little slow?" no. it is all about context. to be slow i would have to react this way to all external stimuli. but those of you who have had the pleasure (or misfortune for some) to hang out with me know that i thrive on spur-of-the-moment wise cracks at anyone or anything around me.

case and point. the other day a friend was visiting us and was playing the new zelda game on the wii. (he was married a year ago, moved away for a while, then moved back. apparently certain majors are dead ends in and of themselves. so they are working towards masters degrees.) he commented that he would need to pick up his wife soon. and then my roommate commented on a creature in the game, to which he responded "it is so annoying and ugly." to which i replied, "so, why are you going to pick her up?" he let out a single laugh and said "i hate you."

where was i? oh ya, apathy. you see, i used to care about stuff and get all worked up over things but i decided it was better for my health (and the health of those around me) to not care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel that a Simpsons quote is appropriate at this time: Lisa: "We're the MTV generation- we feel neither highs nor lows." Marge: "What's it like, all this not caring?" Bart and Lisa: Shoulder Shrug. "Mmmph"