Friday, July 20, 2007

***NEW POST***

i assume most of you know my current working situation. for those who dont know, here is the scoop. in the mornings i work at a high school/hospital teaching computer classes and in the afternoons i work at best buy in the geek squad. i have two name tags that qualify me as a geek. that doesnt mean that im actually good at what i do. but i dont let that stop me from doing it. in fact, i have had some pretty good blunders at both jobs.

really, having two jobs isnt that terrible. im constantly busy and, therefore, constantly getting paid to either fix computers or teenagers. for example, this week and next will put me at about 100 hours! 73 of which will come between tuesdays (73 hours / 8 days = 9 hours/day -- and thats just the average!). not to mention i dont get any real days off for at least two weeks ("free-days" are for whimps and commies) whats not to like? i mean, this sunday i get to go to best buy to help count inventory from 6pm to 1am. (counting stock software is the best, it is constant and easy to handle) and then i get to get up to teach at 8am! awesome! additionally, i really get to stay on my toes all the time (and feet) since i rarely know what im doing well enough to actually do it with confidence. it's the challenge that drives me. and who doesnt like constant correction or always asking for help with anything and everything. at least they are paying attention to me.


well, i got a very interesting phone call today from my boss at the school. he called me at the end of one of my classes and i didnt have time to ask a bunch of questions but this much he did tell me: "we would like to extend to you a full time position with benefits."


i have weighed the options very carefully all day (i even took the "extra-long way home" from work to think about it) and based on the info i have it comes down to this: taking the job would be best for me in almost every way, but it would completely screw over the geek squad (which i would really hate to do, since i am the only one with my job title at the moment, they are already short-handed, and they just invested lots of time to train me, and the clincher--my roommate helped me get the job).


i honestly dont know what to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calling all Counter Ops:

Earth needs more Counter Ops!

Anonymous said...

Poor best buy friend... 2 months 28 days,and no referal bonus... again!