Tuesday, November 06, 2018

PYROGRAPHY 6 (Mad Max)

This is a screenshot from the movie Mad Max: Fury Road. Since this is the largest piece I have attempted with shading, I decided to show a progression of how I made it. 

The final piece, complete with lacquer. 


The screenshot itself.


I used Photoshop to sketch out the image, then printed it out.


I used a large natural cut of basswood (about 9" x 12").


I used transfer paper to draw the image on to the wood (I originally had a different font style for the text, but changed it later).


After the image was drawn, I began burning (the dark lines are burned, the light lines are drawn).


Finished burning the lines.


Began adding shading.


More shading.


Even more shading.


Finished shading. 


Added text (with new font). 


Close up of left side.


Close up of right side.


Close up of text.


One more shot of the finished product (to save you a trip to the top of the post). 


No comments: