Monday, April 28, 2008

WEEKEND UPDATE

i know it's monday. but i was just too lazy to write this yesterday. besides, it is the update part that is important. so a lot has happened to me over the last few weeks. i believe i left off with me wrecking my bike. ok, lets start with that. i didnt just wreck my bike. i totalled it. the final estimate for the bike (before labor) was over $10,000. it is a little hard to see in this picture, but the entire left side is scraped up really bad.



so i was presented with a very difficult dilemma. i love my bike. it made me very happy while i had it (all 7 1/2 days). but my insurance shot up like crazy and i had to make a choice--whether i should get another bike or replace my car.



now, my bike is currently not runnable. my car is. but not for much longer. the heater doesnt work. and neither do the radio, clock, cabin lights, trunk lights or seat belts. about 3 years ago i had a bad alternator and had to replace it. so i bought one at schucks auto supply, opened the box and found the matching part on my car and swapped them out right there in the parking lot. i drove up to idaho falls that evening. the alternator works fine--but nothing else has since then. and now the car is making some funny noises. so it is probably not going to make it through the summer.



anyway, last tuesday i went to a ford dealership to look at some mustangs and after test driving one, i (gradually) accepted the fact that it was no longer economically feasible to get another bike and my car is about to explode. so i signed the papers for my brand new 2007 white mustang (yes, brand new 2007. they had a couple 07's still on the lot and they were having a blowout sale to get rid of them to make room for the upcoming 09's. and for those familiar with "i am legend," it is a white version of the car will smith drives (with a smaller engine, of course)).



so, i guess in a way i made the most reasonable decision by purchasing the most unreasonable car in my price range. but hey, it is a lot of fun to drive.



a few other side notes: a couple weeks ago i went on a blind date--with my entire family present; i had all of last week off and no one to share it with; the vegas trip was cancelled for lack of participating persons; starting today i will be working 60 hours a week... again.



hoorah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sorry to hear about your bike... and vegas! The car is freaking awesome though. I'm quite jealous.

Melonius said...

So what youre saying is you had a whole week off and didn't come to boston? Wait, why didn't you go home with everyone else??